December 27, 2010

Eggnog Latte

Truly, I'm just trying to avoid writing my lesson plans.  But I've made this drink twice in the last few days. It's really good for someone like me who likes coffee drinks, doesn't like strong coffee, and doesn't like to consume a whole lot of liquid calories as you would by ordering this at Starbucks.  Plus, I'm still trying to use up the eggnog in the fridge (the stamp says it's good til the middle of January, so this could go on for awhile).

Eggnog Latte
1/2 cup milk (I used skim)
1/2 cup eggnog
3-4 cups brewed coffee

In a small saucepan, heat the milk and eggnog together on the stove until it starts to steam.

I added about a 1/3 cup of the eggnog mixture to about a 1/2 cup of coffee because I don't like the strong coffee taste. Otherwise, I'd say 1/4 cup eggnog/milk to 1/2 cup coffee.

This would serve about 4 people.  Whipped cream would be great on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day!