March 21, 2011

Orange Julius

This drink is great for summertime when it's hot and humid...or now.  In Alaska.  Where it is cold and snowy.  But it IS sunny with lots of daylight these days (8pm and still bright), so I'll give Alaska that one concession.
I haven't been to an Orange Julius stand in awhile, but you never know what you're getting when it comes to sugar at those places.  So I cut the sugar back and increased the vanilla in this recipe.  And I used skim milk.  It would probably be not as tangy with all of the sugar in it.  Also, I used basic orange juice concentrate.  If you use a mix that has different flavors in it, like Five Alive, the end result will have a bit of a different flavor.   

Orange Julius
6 oz. (half of can) frozen orange juice concentrate
1 cup milk
1 cup water
1/2 cup sugar
1 t. vanilla
10 ice cubes

In a blender, mix everything but the ice cubes until it's creamy.  Add the ice cubes and blend until smooth.  This amount would probably serve 3-4 people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day!