April 4, 2011

Chicken Enchiladas

These were GOOD.  I didn't take a picture because they looked pretty much like those vegetable things I made a couple of weeks back.  I know that they aren't traditional enchiladas.  These aren't soaking in sauce.  The outsides are kind of crispy, actually.  Plus, no sauce on the outside equals healthier, equals you can eat more.  Oh, and I would have added tomato (or even made a nice little pico de gallo for on top), but no tomatoes were to be found in the house. 

Kristin's Chicken Enchiladas

6 whole-wheat tortillas (Try them!  They have so much flavor.)
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced
garlic powder, chili powder, onion powder, salt
1/2 can of black beans
1/2 of a 10.75 oz. can of cream of chicken soup
1/3 cup sour cream (I used light.)
1/2 cup of frozen or canned corn
1 cup of shredded cheddar

In a little olive oil, cook the diced chicken with garlic powder, chili powder, and onion powder.  Just give a sprinkle of each.  (I don't measure.  I'm willing to take the risk.  This drives Scott insane. Especially when I'm baking.)

In a small mixing bowl, combine, soup, sour cream, corn, beans, and HALF a cup of the cheddar.  Add the chicken once it is cooked.  Spoon into flat tortillas and roll them up.  This mixture was just right for six 8" tortillas.  Place seam side down in baking dish and top with the rest of the cheese.  Bake for about 25 minutes at 350 degrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day!