May 1, 2011

Mini Pineapple Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting

I've given up baking because my consumption of a tray of cookies twice (or more) a week wasn't helping anyone.  (though as i type, i'm eating peeps...)

But before I gave up baking, I had signed up to take a dessert to a school potluck.  So I had to bake something.

I saw this on SkinnyTaste.com and had to give it a try to see if it actually worked.  It does! I didn't use the exact frosting that is listed with this cupcake recipe.  I kinda just made one up.  That's okay. 

Pineapple Cupcakes

1 box of yellow cake mix
1 20 oz. can of crushed pineapple (don't drain)

Mix the cake mix and pineapple together in a bowl.  (that's it.  no egg, butter, or oil.  wonderful.)

Scoop into muffin tins.  I used mini-muffin tins, spraying with non-stick spray first and then filling each cup about 2/3 of the way full.  Bake for about 12 minutes at 350 degrees. 

Cream Cheese Frosting

(you could absolutely use a store-bought cream cheese frosting.  i would do that next time.  i had extra pineapple and cream cheese to use up, so i did this instead.)

4 oz. softened cream cheese
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup of crushed pineapple, drained
1 T. pineapple juice

Blend in a bowl with a mixer.  Keep refrigerated.

I froze the cupcakes in Ziploc bags after they were cool, then dipped them in the frosting the next day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day!