May 30, 2011

Shrimp Lo Mein

Still trying to use up the shrimp over here (up here??). 

I found a cute (?) little marinade that incorporated my very favorite flavors:  lime.garlic.ginger.

I threw in some sesame oil and it was perfect.  Until I re-read the recipe as I was getting ready to make dinner and it said "marinate".  Darn it. 

It marinated for 45 minutes.  I was hungry. 

It was good.  Scott liked it too.  I bet it would be even better with chicken though.  Hmmm...



Shrimp Lo Mein

(about) 20-30 medium shrimp, uncooked and de-veined

Marinade:
2 T. olive oil
1 T. sesame oil
Zest of one lime
Juice of one lime
1 T. soy sauce
1 t. grated fresh ginger
1 clove grated garlic

1/2 box of whole wheat spaghetti or linguine
1 teaspoon sesame oil

1/2 red pepper, diced
1/4 cup onion, diced
1 cup of sliced mushrooms
1 clove grated garlic
1 cup sugar snap peas

Mix the ingredients for the marinade together and toss in the shrimp.  Let marinate in the refrigerator for a few hours, or even over night. 

Cook the pasta according to the package directions.  Once drained, sprinkle in another teaspoon of sesame oil and toss. 

In a skillet with high sides, heat some olive oil.  Add in the pepper, onion, and mushrooms and cook on medium heat until soft (about 8 minutes).  Add in the marinated shrimp and cook until no longer pink.  Add the sweet peas and garlic and cook for another minute or two. 

Toss with the cooked pasta to combine all of the flavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day!