June 3, 2011

Coconut Mojitos


I could've sworn we had rum. 

We didn't.

So I attempted a mojito with vodka last week.

I really not going to commit to a stronger word than "okay" for that creation. 

So when I went to buy rum, I got the coconut-y kind. 

I'm so glad I did.




Coconut Mojitos

For each drink:
2 oz. (1 shot) coconut rum [let's face it.  use any kind of rum.  i almost bought the pineapple kind.]
1 T. lime juice
1 t. sugar
1/2 cup crushed ice
1/2 T. shredded mint leaves

Sprite or Sierra Mist [i used the diet variety so as to save my calories for the biscuits i was busy eating.]

lime wedges for garnish

In your glass of crushed ice, muddle together the rum, lime juice, mint, and sugar.  I used a small wooden spoon.  Fill the glass with the lemon-lime soda of your choice and garnish with lime wedges.

This would also be yummy without the rum.  It would be a fancier and more refreshing version of lemon-lime soda.




...and this is what became of my organic mint...great.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day!