August 29, 2011

Crockpot Peanut Butter Cheesecake

I've been looking for a big, fat excuse to make this.

National Cheesecake Day was about a month ago.  As soon as I read that, I got off of the couch and threw this together.  It took about 5 minutes. 

I've never made a cheesecake in the oven.  I don't know why.  There's not really a demand for it when I only live with one other person and we don't exactly do a lot of potlucks.  Even though he loves cheesecake. I'm pretty sure I'm actually not allowed to make it because Scott knows he will eat it all.

Actually...it may be because no one gifted us the springform pan that was on our wedding registry.  That would've given me an excuse to make cheesecake long ago.  I'm just too lazy to go buy one I suppose.  So we do not have a proper cheesecake-making pan.  Therefore, I have not been able to make a proper cheesecake.

However, I'm usually up for trying something new in the crockpot.  This looked fool-proof.  I added peanut butter because, really, why not add peanut butter to something that is peanut butter-less???

I took the recipe from A Year of Slow-Cooking and I cut it in half.  This made a perfect cheesecake for 4 people.  Or you know, just me...as I'm here.  all.  alone.  and bored enough to make cheesecake in the crockpot on a Friday night.  However, if you are making dessert for more than a few people, I would recommend following the regular instructions on A Year of Slow-Cooking.


Crockpot Peanut Butter Cheesecake
adapted from A Year of Slow-Cooking

Filling:
1 block "1/3-less-fat" cream cheese (8 oz.), softened
1/3 cup white sugar
1 egg
3 T. milk (i used 2%)
1 t. vanilla
1/2 T. flour
1/4 cup peanut butter

Mix together with a stand mixer or electric mixer until smooth.

Crust:
3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
1 T. brown sugar
1 T. melted butter

In a bowl, mix together the crust ingredients until crumbly.  Press into two 4" ramekins or a dish like the one pictured below.  Whatever will fit into a 6 qt. crockpot is what you should use.  Use your best judgement.

Pour the cream cheese mixture over the graham cracker crust.  Place the dish into your crockpot and carefully pour 1 cup of water into the bottom of the stoneware.  (This is the waterbath it will cook in.  Will it work without it?  I don't know.  For once I followed the directions exactly.)

Cook on high for two hours.  Let it cool on the counter for an hour and then refrigerate for an hour or two before serving.

Shared at Melt in Your Mouth Monday, Jam Hands, Mouthwatering Monday, Joy of Desserts, Naptime Creations
Totally Tasty Tuesdays, 
Crazy Sweet Tuesdays
Sweet Treats Thursday 
Sweet Tooth Friday

9 comments:

  1. Wow! Cheesecake is my favorite thing, and in the crockpot! I had to read it twice to make sure it's what it really said! I'll have to try this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so crazy easy! And quick too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my!! This looks delicious! I love peanut butter anything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! I have company coming tonight and I need something easy. Going to put my spin on it and try it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an awesome idea. I have to try it. And I agree: everything is better with peanut butter. Thanks for linking up with Crazy Sweet Tuesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love anything I can make in a crockpot. And I LOVE peanut butter cheesecake!:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never even though of making cheesecake in the crockpot. What a great idea!!!
    http:/thebiggreenbowl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks and sounds amazing. Thanks for sharing.
    New follower stopping by from the Dessert Linky party. Hope you stop by for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love cheesecake! I've never made it in a crock pot before. brilliant!

    Thanks for stopping by sweet tooth Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day!