November 28, 2011

Peanut Butter Hot Fudge Cake (Crockpot)

*More chocolate...sorry to indulge your chocolate tooth yet again, but I have a feeling you really don't mind all that much :)*

I posted a recipe similar to this last year.  As usual, my December-in-Alaska photography left much to be desired, and honestly, I wanted to change up the recipe a little.  So I'm doing it again.

I've since perfected this cake.  It's perfect for entertaining or a Saturday night at home

Guess which one I made it for??



......???......


That's right.  Just me and some True Blood re-runs on a snowy night.  Pretty awesome.

This is appropriately cheery and sarcastic at the same time.  Yes?


Peanut Butter Hot Fudge Cake (in the Crockpot)
use a 4-quart size or smaller


1st Layer:
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup flour
3 T. cocoa powder
1 1/2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. salt

1/2 cup skim milk
2 T. butter, melted
1 t. vanilla
1/2 t. almond extract

1/2 cup peanut butter (microwaved for 30 seconds)
1/2 cup peanut butter chips
1/2 cup chocolate chips


2nd Layer:
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup cocoa powder

3rd Layer:
1 3/4 cups boiling water

In a mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the "1st Layer".  Start with the dry ingredients, then add the wet.  Stir in the chips.  Spread into the bottom of a greased 4-quart Crockpot.  Swirl in the slightly melted peanut butter.

Combine the "2nd Layer" in a small bowl.  Sprinkle over the batter that is already in the Crockpot.

Pour the boiling water over the top.  Don't stir it.  Bake on "high" for 90 minutes-2 hours.  A toothpick in the center will let you know if it's done.  But, honestly, the gooey-er, the better.



Don't forget to enter the Alaska Chicks Headband Giveaway!  It ends at midnight on December 1st!  

Shared at:

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!!! this makes the crock pot in my pantry seem perfect, we use it like once a year. I cannot wait to try this, no peanut butter, but i bet it will be just a good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds amazing! I love the crockpot cakes. It's almost too easy to whip one up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOWZERS! That looks decadent and I must try it soon. Til then, I'm pinning it today. PB & Chocolate are certainly two of my favorite flavor combos! SOO glad you shared!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day!