January 30, 2013

Always the hillbilly

Sweater: Target // Skirt: LOFT // Jeggings/Boots: JCP // Scarf: gift 

I wore "denim" tights with a black pencil skirt.  I am a hillbilly.

Black pencil skirts are meant for nylons, real tights, and/or some high heels.

The reason I didn't wear my black leggings is because I don't like them.  I really like my brown ones.  But brown leggings with a black skirt?  I could practically see my mother cringing.

I bought the skirt in August.  This was the first time I've worn it...simply because I didn't know what to wear under it (my problems, they are many).

Oh, I don't like my black boots either.  Real shoes are out of the question, as you can tell by (very closely) examining that picture up there.

The story of the earrings.

I told Scott I wanted some more Tiffany.  He laughed.  Hmmm...I wasn't trying to be funny.


Sharing at The Pleated Poppy's WIWWWednesday Walkabout, and Random Wednesday

22 comments:

  1. Love the outfit! The color of your shirt is so bright and happy lol! I like the boots with it too! Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a cute outfit! Though a skirt in Alaska in January? Brave ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this outfit!!!! You look so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh I am loving this outfit! I think this is one of your best to date. Super cute. If you don't want the boots you can ship them to me! Haha. Men are funny when you tell them things you want. Silly boys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the exact same problem with skirts and dresses...figuring out what to wear under them. Because God forbid Sitka ever be warm enough to have bare legs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look great in a skirt! (not as creepy as that sounds haa)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great outfit! I like it very much.

    www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that skirt. It matters not that you had those leggings on with a black skirt. You are still the best dressed woman in all of Alaska.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wearing a skirt in the winter?? Proud of YOU girl!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the leggings with a skirt look. :) And the boots, always gotta have boots!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i think this is my favorite outfit of yours!! i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like the "denim" tights! I think they add another dimension to the outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really love the denim tights!! I think they are more fun than just regular black tights.

    xo,
    Angela
    headtotoechicblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like! I'd totally wear this to work.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are one pretty hillbilly :)

    http://carlkatie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I feel ya on not wanting to do brown with black. Maybe if you could find some nice light grey or charcoal leggings? Or even some fun patterned tights. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute outfit! You know, navy tights & black skirt and all haha.

    ReplyDelete
  18. wish we had some of your snow! in atlanta, we get tornadoes instead!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have a similar type of black pencil skirt--to me, that skirt screams to be worn with fuchsia or turquoise or purple or otherwise bright tights. But that's just the kind of hairpin I am. I think the denim ones look great with it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. OK I'm totally thinking I need some denim tights now - they look so cute with that outfit! Love this cozy look :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day!