February 18, 2013

I think...

...it is heartbreakingly ironic that every time I get sick, it starts on a Thursday.  Just in time to ruin the weekend.  I've spent the last few days in a loopy daze, courtesy of Tylenol Cold.

...that antibiotics are overrated.  Why is it that, as soon as you tell someone you feel sick, they assume you need to be on an antibiotic?  I agree that they have their purpose, but you do not need a "Z-pak" every time you have the sniffles.
Antibiotics lead to a whole other set of problems in my body, including the sense of feeling like I've been hit by a truck.


I think...

...that I am also in need of giving up cereal.  The Lenten season is a good time to try, right?

...that Nicholas Sparks writes some of the worst books ever.  Second only to E.L. James.

...that this article about why teachers quit their jobs is pretty spot on.

..that I am so over teaching Alaska geography. I find it disturbing that I know so much about this state.



I think...that we really know how to have a good time around here.  Watching 2 seasons of Homeland in one week?  Yep.


This is getting out of control.


For the record, we really enjoyed it.

How was your weekend?  Do anything that didn't involve snow, tissues, Homeland, or grading papers?

(Just kidding.  I didn't grade any papers.)

Sharing at:
Mingle Monday
YOLO Monday
This Weekend I...

16 comments:

  1. So 3 things: 1) my cold seems to have started on Thursday as well ... however, I am feeling significantly crappier today than I did this weekend. Hope you feel better! 2) My doctor had a posting in his office that the Z-Pack is linked to increased cardiovascular deaths. Personally, I try to avoid antibiotics because they wreak havoc with my system. and 3) my husband taught for 5 years and left for a job in IT - which he loves. He hated teaching. He never felt supported by the administration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I've taken any antibiotics since high school, at the least. But then, I never go to the doctor, so that's an easy way to avoid them. I've never read a Nicholas Spark book but I've always had the feeling they would be really, really bad. I've never yet found any kind of romance novel that's good. I think that's pretty much why "romance novel" is pretty much equivalent to "trash"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I can definitely relate to that last statement! I have a hard time just watching one episode of a show. I usually lose track of time and realize that whoops its time to go to bed haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That last e-card thingy made me laugh because it is so true! Soon that Alaskan geography knowledge will be stored in your brain with other now useless stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I watched two seasons of Homeland in two DAYS. It was bad.

    I hate antibiotics and will avoid taking them at all costs. It annoys me when people are constantly on them. Build up your immune system! Get some elderberry extract! Drink some apple cider vinegar!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Also, Nicholas Sparks books are utterly awful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you start feeling better! I can actually say this weekend here did involve snow...and the whole town freaked out and decided they needed to rush to the store for milk and bread. Which I'm not actually sure why you need milk when it snows but whatever. It only snowed for like 30 mins and it didn't even stick! Welcome to the south! Hope you feel better and you should never give up cereal.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry you're sick! It sucks how it happens that way. :( I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for not loving Nicholas Sparks. What do you think about the movies made out of his books? I got talked into renting a copy of The Last Song a couple of years ago at a sleepover and probably fell asleep in the first 20 minutes out of boredom. It was 9 PM. So much for staying up all night!
    School got really busy and I had to cut down my Downton Abbey addiction, so I haven't watched an episode in over a week. The good news is that it's ski break so you can bet that I'll be done with show before Wednesday ;)
    How was the season finale?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you're feeling better!!

    xo,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  11. My weekend did involved tissues and papers that I should have graded but didn't.

    ReplyDelete
  12. "Nicholas Sparks writes some of the worst books ever. Second only to E.L. James."

    Aaaaaaaand AMEN.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi I am a new follower to your lovely blog and found you through Mingle Monday Blog Hop. I would love it if you follow me back

    my blog: www.wilsontom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loved that article. Thanks for posting it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I totally thought I commented on this already...

    I'm SO with you on the Nicholas Sparks books. I have no idea why anyone thinks they're actually good. They're absolutely terrible.

    Antibiotics absolutely destroy me every time I take them. I'll only take them if my life basically depends on it.

    I'm sick too. Hooray for like the 4th time this winter.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Get scott to go to grad school in Montery- it was 75 and sunny this weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day!