July 31, 2013

Pinned.Did.Done and Humidity

My camera lens has a nice little fog on it here.  

Shirt: Gap // Shorts: Old Navy // Shoes: TOMS

Because of that foggy humidity, it was actually hard to breathe when I was outside yesterday.  Today, the humidity is just as thick.

And right after I took this picture, I noticed a muddy little paw print-like spot on the front of my shirt.  You win some, you lose some, I guess.  I loved this shirt in Alaska, and I love it in Missouri.  That stain had better come out (Scout).

What I DON'T love in Missouri is this deck.  I can't get the positioning right and I always look strange in my pictures.  It's like the same deck!  I don't get it.

Anyway.



I'm still making many recipes from Pinterest, but that new embedding feature is really off-putting, so I just feel like I can't be bothered...download the picture, go to the website, copy the link...and so on.  Completely sucking up my unemployed time.

Today I'm sharing links!  You can go check them out for yourselves if you're so inclined :)

Kale chips.  These made the whole house smell bad.  And they burned.  Anyone have a recipe for kale chips?

Gnocchi, Zucchini, and Corn This was good!  It made for a very quick and tasty dinner. As a side note, do you know where to find the gnocchi in a grocery store?  Hint: It's not in the refrigerated pasta section. Three stores later, I found it with the dried pasta.

Spicy Steak Rub.  Tasty!  I used it on pieces of flank steak (broiled) and then made steak salads.  Next time, I'll go for the grill if I can convince Scott to cook it.  I'm not good at grilling.

Oatmeal.  No. This did nothing to get me closer to that creamy restaurant-style oatmeal I've been after.  I've discovered the secret to thick oatmeal is to soak the dry oats (rolled oats) in milk or water overnight before you cook them.  I came up with this on my own.  There was no Pin pointing me in the right direction.

Balsamic Chicken in the Crockpot  SO good.  Next time, I'll try it with mushrooms and green peppers too, and maybe some marinara instead of just diced tomatoes.  I also thickened up the sauce with some cornstarch.  Perfectly easy.  I'll use this for guests.

Clean Eating Thai Chicken Stir-fry  Wow.  We've had this twice in the last couple of weeks.  I keep bags of broccoli slaw on hand now because it makes such a quick stir-fry.  The peanut/coconut sauce it to-die-for.  It's safe to say we eat something "Thai" at least once a week.
It's a necessary flavor in this household.

Sharing at WIWW, Random Wednesday, Walkabout Wednesday

8 comments:

  1. You're backwards from the Alaska deck. You and the camera need to switch sides. In Alaska you were facing the opposite way, maybe that's why they look off to you?! They don't look off to me if that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to add that balsamic chicken and stir fry to my recipes for next month! I needed something different.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made some cheesey broccoli patties the other day. Except I had purple cauliflower. Pretty yummy if I do say so myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That balsamic chicken sounds delicious. I love recipes where I just throw it all together and let it cook. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I find that lower temps and bigger pieces of kale are the key to chips. I use olive oil, garlic powder, salt, and red pepper flakes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do not do well in humidity.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that outfit! Super cute. And the Thai chicken stir fry looks so good. I might have to try that one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. God, I hate humidity. That's why I live in California. It's all dry heat.
    I'm making the stir fry asap. I have a couple of bags of broccoli slaw in the fridge right now. Broccoli slaw actually work really well with salads too!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day!