November 27, 2013

Stuff and things.


1.  We saw Catching Fire on Saturday night.  A few years ago, I went all out with a Hunger Games review.  I haven't read Catching Fire in its entirety since 2011 and I actually gave my copy to a student in Alaska that year.
I love Jennifer Lawrence, so it's hard for me to say I didn't like it.  It was good.

2.  We ran the Turkey Trot 10K on Saturday. Scott would have preferred the 5K, just because he could have won, but I was the one who went to the gym to sign us up a couple of weeks ago, so 10K it was.   I was just focused on finishing.  I came in 5/10 in my age group.  Scott was 6/18.  (Those are some nice, even fractions.)





I'm just VERY proud of myself for running the whole thing.  Pride took over, of course, and I knew I had to keep running because, well, people were watching.  
I kept saying, "There is no reason on God's green earth why you can't do this. You have no excuse. Keep running."  And it worked.  I ran all 6.25 miles and my calves still hurt.
A race every 6 months?  I can do that.  Next up, half-marathon.  Just kidding.  I'll find another 5K.  

3.  Scott's birthday was yesterday.  He got a camper.

Also, I got him an assortment of little gifts, including this shirt.

I laughed at it for way too long when I saw it on Etsy and showed it to him and he said he wanted it.  Hey, the heart wants what it wants I guess.



I made this Chicken, Salsa, and Black Bean Soup for dinner, along with an ice cream cake that I'll share soon.

Once I'm done enjoying my day off, that is.  5 blissful, happy days of nothingness.  A teacher couldn't ask for anything more….

Except maybe a brand-new rug for in front of the Smartboard.


Done.


15 comments:

  1. I am dying to see Catching Fire. I've heard it was really good. Happy Birthday to Scott!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, Jason would love that shirt...I should buy him. When Hunger Games came out, I went to the midnight show (I was unemployed at the time) and hated life and the tweens that dressed up, lol. But I am hoping to see Catching Fire this weekend! Happy 5 days off! I have 4 off, and I cannot wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Catching Fire rocked. Love that shirt. Love that rug!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I CANNOT wait to see Catching Fire! We rarely (almost never) go to movies and the minute this baby arrived there are like 4 I'm dying to see. I'm hoping when we visit family for Christmas we can have grandma babysit so we can go see it! Haha and I love that shirt you got Scott!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He got a camper, you got a rug. Sounds good to me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job on the run! Your rug is really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We're going to see Catching Fire this weekend - I'm excited!

    Congrats on running the whole 10k! There's no way I could do that right now. I'm working on it, though.

    That shirt is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Go for the half marathon!!! Its not THAT horrible.. you were half way there already :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great time! You two are fast! It takes me an hour to run a 10K. I am training for a half and it scares me.

    Love the shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw. You can come on up to Des Moines and run the half with me in April. :) Ha ha. There's also a 5K and 10K that day if you would prefer ...

    ReplyDelete
  11. That shirt is hilarious!Happy birthday to Scott. Laura Ingalls sights in the camper, here you come.

    I love Jennifer Lawrence too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved that movie. Makes me want to re-read them. I probably will, after I'm done with Harry Potter. :)

    A 10k? You go! I'm like that at the gym when I'm with my trainer. If I'm balancing and stumble I want to do an extra to make up for it, lol.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day!