November 24, 2010

Banana Bread

To me, bananas have the best consistency when they're still almost green.  When they get brown spots, I have trouble eating them.  So I end up with a lot of leftover, very ripe bananas.  I guess it was my dad who taught me that those over-ripe bananas have a purpose, and it was always suggested that I make banana bread.  I would say that this recipe came from my grandma, and it did, but it's also off of the Bisquick box.  There are millions of banana bread recipes out there and I know this because I googled "banana bread" last weekend when I was out of Bisquick and couldn't make my own recipe.  However, they all looked ridiculously involved for banana bread, and all had mixed reviews.  So I waited until I went to the store, bought Bisquick, and then made the tried and true recipe.




Banana Bread
2 eggs
1/4 cup shortening (Crisco butter-flavor is what I use.)
3/4 cup sugar

Cream all of that together with a mixer.


Add:
2 cups Bisquick
2 mashed bananas
Chopped walnuts or pecans, optional


Mix together and pour into a greased loaf pan.  Bake at 350 degrees for 45-55 minutes, checking the center with a butter knife to see if it's done.



Top with vanilla or cream cheese icing,if desired.

1 comment:

  1. YUM! I would love a slice of banana bread right now, topped with frosting. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day!