November 26, 2010

Spinach Dip

For Thanksgiving, I made Spinach Dip.  Yes, Scott made the turkey, friends brought the sides, and I made the dip. I am an appetizer person and a dessert person.  The stuff in the middle isn't all that important to me. 

I took it directly from this website, Cracked-Up Kitchen, but here's the recipe.  It's a little different than the one on the back of the vegetable soup mix packet. 

Spinach Dip
1 c mayo
2 c sour cream
1 package Knorr vegetable soup mix
1 box frozen chopped spinach, defrosted and squeezed dry
3-4 garlic cloves, grated
2 green onions, finely chopped
1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese

Mix everything together.  I let it refrigerate overnight, and then served it with pumpernickel, sourdough, and carrots for a nice mix of colors.  (I have some beer bread in the closet just waiting to be made.  So when I DO make it, it shall go with this dip.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day!