July 6, 2011

Roasted Broccoli and Garlic

*I've had this post ready to go for...awhile now.  Broccoli is just so boring.  I'm sorry.  I tried to make it interesting.  It's just not.  My deepest apologies.  There will be ice cream coming later this week.

I'm bored.

In the last week, I've:
-read my way through every Sophie Kinsella book
-tried at least 10 new recipes
-been to the gym several times
-did volun-told volunteer work for the Army
-been shopping, grocery and otherwise, more times than I can count on one and a half hands.
-watched several episodes of The Dr. Oz Show

In the last week, I have not:
-touched my Social Studies materials that I'm to be using to plan lessons
-worn anything but gym clothes..except last Saturday night when I put on *grrr* jeans
-ran
-gone near my to-do list

My to-do list gets longer everyday.  And what am I doing?  Oh, right.  Sitting in front of the computer.

I'm finding it really hard to care about...stuff.  So I'm doing absolutely nothing instead.

Call it a compromise.  Stuff doesn't bother me, I don't bother stuff.

While I am bored, I don't think I'm boring.  There's a difference.

You know what is actually boring?  Vegetables.

I like them in stir-fry and I like them on pizza, and that's about it.

However, if you're going to eat broccoli, and Dr. Oz would probably tell you that you should, you should roast it with garlic in the oven.

If you add garlic, a vegetable automatically becomes just a little less boring.  Just a little.  



Roasted Broccoli and Garlic
adapted from skinnytaste.com

2 heads broccoli, roughly chopped
2 T. olive oil
6 cloves of garlic, smashed/roughly chopped (not minced)
1 t. sea salt
1 t. pepper
Fresh lemon juice, optional

In an 8x8 baking dish, toss the broccoli and garlic with the olive oil, salt, and pepper.  Roast at 450 degrees for about 20 minutes until it starts to caramelize.  Drizzle with fresh lemon juice before serving, if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day!