October 13, 2011

Salted Chocolate Walnut Fudge

*This post is being shared at 12 Weeks of Christmas Cookies.  
It's a great holiday (or non-holiday) treat!*



When it comes to fudge, I'm a purist.

I love peanut butter.  But in fudge?  I just don't feel that is its place.  Fudge is about chocolate.  Pure, sweet, chewy chocolate.  With a crunchy walnut throw in for good measure.

I decided to go a bit over and above here and toss in a scant amount of sea salt. (Think:  Salted Hot Chocolate.)

This is very simple fudge.  I made it in the microwave.  Wrapped up in cute cellophane and some ribbon?  An adorable holiday gift it will make. 

I could've done the "fudge-on-the-stove" that my grandma makes (a recipe I fully intend on swiping soon), but I had no evaporated milk and the 3 (yes, 3) cans of low-fat sweetened condensed milk in the pantry were calling my name.

They said they needed to be licked clean.


Salted Chocolate Walnut Fudge
makes an 8x8 pan

1 can sweetened condensed milk
3 cups chocolate chips (I used semi-sweet)
1 t. vanilla
1/8 t. sea salt, or 1 grind of the sea salt shaker
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

Melt the condensed milk and chocolate chips together in the microwave.  (45 seconds was all it took.)
Stir in the walnuts, vanilla, and sea salt.
Line an 8x8 pan with foil.  Pour in the fudge, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate over night.


Also shared at:
Sweet Treats Thursday
Coffee and Conversation
Six Sisters' Stuff
Sweet Indulgences Sunday
Sweets for Saturday
Melt in Your Mouth Monday
Mouthwatering Monday

13 comments:

  1. Looks tasty! I'm a new follower. Hope you can stop by www.mamasmusingsblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. fudge is one of my favorite and most dangerous to have around things. ;) Especially because my husband doesn't like it. (Can't wait to make some this year!) hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, this is a fudge I think I can make! It's so humid here in SE Texas that it's hit or miss on success when I've made stovetop fudge in the past. Love fudge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, now that's easy! Looks delicious too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Following you from a blog hop!:0)
    Hope you visit me and return the follow!

    Btw if you like please join the Treasure
    Trove Tribune! I think you will enjoy
    it!:0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is my go-to fudge recipe, too. Easy and quick to put together, and always received well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This fudge looks easy and delicious. I think I have a can of sweetened condensed milk calling my name from the pantry right now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, we go nuts for fudge during the holidays. My dad always has to make several batched. This chocolate walnut fudge looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks yummy, I agree, a perfect gifting option!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks sinful. The photo makes me want to eat my computer screen.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I never met a chocolate I didn't like and this one sounds divine! If I make it, I'm not required to share, right?! Good job adding the sea salt, what a great idea!

    I'm your newest follower and would love a follow back - thanks.

    Mary @ Redo 101

    ReplyDelete
  12. I made some salted caramels last year and they were quite a hit! This fudge looks even better. Thanks for sharing on Sweet Indulgences Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi there, thanks so much for this easy and delicious fudge recipe. Must make it for Christmas. Thanks for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day!