February 8, 2012

Vanilla Oreo Milkshake

The milkshake made with peanut butter cookies was wildly successful in this household.  I think I just really like eating cookies mashed into ice cream.

My original idea from months ago was to do a Vanilla Oreo Milkshake.  Unfortunately, we have a problem 'round here.  That problem is that the Vanilla Oreos tend to disappear before I can blend them up into a milkshake.  And since I'm the only one living here right now, I'd say the problem is all mine. 

One night, I just went for it and made the milkshake.  So that's why the picture just is what it is.  Instagram-tastic. 

I recommend putting cookies into your milkshakes.  I don't know that I could ever go back to NOT putting cookies in my milkshakes.

Once again, I've got the banana thing going on here.  So you don't have to feel too guilty about this one.  Except if you do what I did and drink two.


Vanilla Oreo Milkshake
makes 1 large or 2 small shakes

1 medium frozen banana
2 t. vanilla
I cup (3 scoops) vanilla ice cream
3 Vanilla Oreos + a crushed one for garnish
Up to 1 cup of milk, until desired consistency is reached
Whipped cream, for garnish

In a blender, combine the banana, ice cream, and vanilla.  Slowly add in the milk until the desired consistency is reached.  You might need more than 1 cup, depending.  Add in the 3 Oreos and let it blend for another 10 seconds (this is how you get crispy cookie chunks in every sip).  Pour into glass(es) and garnish with crushed Oreo and whipped cream.

Shared at:
Mrs. Fox's Sweets Party
Cast Party Wednesday
Sweet Treats Thursday
Mingle @Keeping up with Kristi

3 comments:

Comments make my day!