November 20, 2012

Currently: Fitness

This post is laughable.

The reasons are three:
1.  I've been doing not all that much in the world of fitness lately.
2.  I posted a pie recipe yesterday.
3.  It's the week of Thanksgiving and NO ONE is thinking about fitness.  You all are thinking about pie.  Hence, the pie recipe yesterday.

Currently, I am attending 2-3 classes a week at the gym:  Body Blast (intervals of cardio and strength training) on Mondays and TurboKick (I heart it more than ever) on Wednesdays.  Sometimes I'll hit up a pilates class.  Rarely.  I'm also doing TurboKick at home once a week or so.

Currently, I'm doing a plank challenge.  3-4 minutes of holding a plank twice a day.  Dude, it works.  After less than 2 weeks, I'm seeing crazy progress.  This lady inspired me to take on the challenge and she and I are both trying to hit a 5 minute plank by the end of November.

I watch YouTube videos.

Currently, I'm realizing that I'm a different person than I was when it came to fitness last year.  At the time, I just would've done anything if it would keep myself "skinny".  This year, I feel incredibly lazy if I don't work out.  Like, I don't like the way I feel when I DON'T work out.  I've become that girl.  And I kind of like it.

(Is this what you crazy runners feel like all the time?)


Source: imgfave.com via Kristin on Pinterest

Currently, I've finally accepted that I'm NOT going to have time to work out everyday.  It doesn't work that way.  Not in real life.  While my 7-8 workouts a week over the summer were lovely, I can't do that now.  Plus, I realize now that I don't need to eat nearly as much as I did when I was working out 7-8 times a week.

Currently, I really do have a passion for working out and I want to become an instructor.  I really, really do.  One of these days, I'm going to pursue fitness with a bit more gusto.  I just couldn't get used to the idea of having to work a second job and/or take on more responsibility.  Someday.
All I know is that the "passion" wasn't there a year ago.  So some progress must be occurring, right?


Where are YOU in your workouts?  What are you liking?  Loving?  Disliking?
Have any fitness goals for the holiday season?

19 comments:

  1. Is it possible to be thinking about fitness AND pie at the same time? If so, that's me ;) I think it's good to change your mindset to realizing you can't work out everyday and being okay with it. I obviously had to do the same and I felt so guilty at first, but I have found I enjoy it more anyway if I'm not "forcing" myself or rushing through something just to get it done. I hope you do become a fitness instructor someday. I know you'd be great at it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get up at 5 am every morning to do my little workout before I get ready for work. If I don't, I feel guilty all day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like that plank challenge idea, and you're not the only one thinking about fitness, I promise. I just started my half marathon training last night... in the dark. Ugghh it stinks running in the dark!

    Meg

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to up my gym classes to at least four per week, but probably five.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the shout out! Having someone keeping me accountable is a good motivator! I'm up to 4:25! I really am thinking of getting certified too. I signed up to get info from NASM. I think it's going to be a goal of mine in 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That plank challenge sounds awesome. I may have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can do a plank for 30 seconds... for having a c-section a year ago and losing all ab power, I call that a win. But I want to get better!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am embarrassingly out of shape these days. I hate being thin, but squishy...if that makes sense. It's awful.

    I need to do that plank thing...my abs need some serious help. Flat does not equal "firm" unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A bunch of my students came up to me yesterday and asked when I was going to start the after school Zumba class again. I wanted to say when your fatty teacher gets back to the gym to relearn some routines. At least now I have a date for when I need to be ready. (Jan 22...)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Every new year, for the past few years at least, I say I'm going to try and be more fit and stay more healthy and it hasn't really worked. I mean, I'm trying to work on the food thing, but working out? HAH! At any rate, great for you. I really am planning to join a gym with my sister in the new year, though, so yay for that. That's crazy about the planking. Glad it works!

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  11. I definitely feel lazy if I don't work out - and I'm just a run-of-the-mill gym goer. I am worrying about workouts this week because, man. THE FOOD. And I'm SO trying the plank thing. I think I can do, like 30 seconds. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. Where am I with my workouts? Well, now, THAT'S what is laughable. I'm am excited to get back to it, though. I haven't worked out at all this pregnancy and I really miss it. I attribute this not working out trend to my often crappy mood. It's gotta stop!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Um....what are workouts?? ;)

    I do Zumba one day a week because it's right after work, at work.

    I'm too tired all the time to do anything else. I can barely keep my house clean.

    This annoys me because I'm not happy with the way I look right now. My 30 year-old body wants my 27 year-old one back.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ok fine Ill try the plank challenge

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have been doing horribly lately too!!! I need to get my butt back in gear. Once we move I hope I will fall back into a routine.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This post isn't laughable. What's laughable is I am currently trying to lose ten pounds. I must have been sick when I came up with that plan. Thankfully, I did lose one pound my first week. This week is obviously going to be questionable, especially since I made banana bread and pumpkin chocolate chip cookies this week. As for fitness, I am considering various running training programs so I can be faster. There is nothing like a runners high. I keep chasing after it. Esther Norine Designs

    ReplyDelete
  17. i'm with you on the working out thing - i hate it when I can't do it most days. BUT I am learning that it is okay to miss a day. And learning the food really plays a huge part too. I can work out a little less and watch what I eat a little more and be okay! and I think you should definitely pursue becoming an instructor!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ok so I'm *starting* to become like you where I feel bad if I don't work out. In September I started circuit training (cardio+weights in intervals) and I LOVE it. The trainer always changes it up, so it's always something new. I even worked out TODAY (!!!!) because I felt bad since we only got to work out 2x this week and not our normal 3x due to the holidays. I may even go jogging tonight. That is INSANE for me.

    I may have to try the plank a day!!!! Sounds like a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am rowing the same boat...but once we move I too want to start studying to be certified! It is something I really enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day!