January 2, 2015

2015 Recipe Challenge

New year equals a pineapple theme I guess.

In 2014, I challenged myself to something new:  I would be sure to read at least 3 new books a month and I documented that here for all to see.  I read 52 books this past year, consciously always trying to have at least one or two going.  I haven't done that in a long time. Accomplishment is my favorite feeling.  I'm going to keep reading as much as I can in 2015 and you can follow me on Goodreads here.  However, I thrive under accountability and so I’m going to challenge myself again, but in a new way.

For 2015, I will post one new recipe each week.  Let’s back up….do you know how many recipes I’ve posted since we’ve moved to Colorado?  Not many.  I went through them the other day.  It’s less than a dozen.  We’ve been here 7 months.  Not acceptable.

The truth is that I’ve been lacking in creativity for about a year.  Missouri happened.  Then Colorado/remodeling.  The two are synonymous to me: Colorado and remodeling.  Truthfully, I need some kind of inspiration. And inspiration in my case usually comes through cooking or baking.  I should preface this with the fact that if I did not have a full time job, I would gladly attempt a new recipe every day.  I would welcome that challenge.  I think it would be fun and creative, but I do have a job.  And it takes up a lot of time.  So I’m going to settle for one new recipe a week for 2015.  I had my reading goal in 2014 and that equaled out to a book a week…I can post a recipe a week in that case, right?

If you’ve been following along for a few years, you’ll remember 2011.  I posted a recipe almost everyday.  It made me happy.  Some of them were adapted recipes and most were original. Then deployment hit and I stopped doing the food thing so much.  However, it brings me real joy so I feel the need to push myself this coming year.  Persevere and all that.

I’m a goal-oriented person.  I like checking things off of lists and following through on commitments.  My book thing makes me really happy because it was a resolution I actually stuck to….(December books will be posted next week, by the way!)

Therefore:

A new recipe.  Every week. For a year.  Recipes will be posted on Mondays.

11 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the weekly recipe! Also, what are your thoughts on your planner? I just re-ordered an Erin Condren one. I love it, but also was looking for something new too. Happy 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to keep up with all of your new recipes!!! I also LOVE the pattern on your phone case!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love when people post recipes, gives me ideas so can't wait to see what you post :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I'm excited you're doing this challenge because my goal is one recipe per month. {I know, much less ambitious than you - but I can't claim a love for cooking. I mostly cook because I can't stand to eat out all the time and waste all that money.} If you have some quick dinners for weeknights, I'll be really excited to try them!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm excited for this, can't wait to see all the recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. One new recipe a week is a great goal. I look forward to seeing what you cook up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to see the recipes that you share!! I am trying to broaden my cooking skills so I am excited to see if I can try any of these. Especially because I am a super picky eater!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAYYY!! I love your recipes! I made a new (to me) recipe yesterday and was pretty pleased with how it turned out! I felt so accomplished! I think I'm taking your goal of the book thing. When I nannied i had much more time for reading, but now that I work for myself, I'm always finding something that needs to get done and I hardly ever read anymore. So a book a week, I think I can do that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait to see your recipes. :) :) I am always looking for some new ideas for my husband and I. Yum!
    Happy New Year,
    ~Amanda from His and Her Hobbies

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, 52 books in a year- that's amazing Kristin! Can't wait to see your recipes- you always have the greatest ones!

    xo, Hima
    Hima Hearts

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day!